Expert Installations and Repairs
At Absolute Plumbing Solutions, our team is trained for excellence from start to finish. We are grateful to be recognized for providing meticulous installations and leaving behind a neat and tidy space. Everything we do is in the best interest of your home, and you can trust that our recommendations come from the heart. For this reason, we stand true to our promise of providing you a carefully executed plan that includes the highest quality parts and expert level craftsmanship.
What installation and repair services do we provide?
We take pride in our attention to detail, treating your home with utmost respect and leaving you with a tidy space. We combine technical expertise with a personal touch, making your experience heartwarming and professional from start to finish.
- High Efficiency Furnace Repair and Installation
- High Efficiency Boiler and Combination Boiler Repair and Installation
- Indoor Air Quality Products
- Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Whole House Surge Protectors
- Whole House Humidifiers
- Wi-Fi & Smartphone Enabled Thermostats
- Filter Replacement and Supply
When should you replace your furnace or boiler?
- Age: Furnaces lifespan is about 15-20 years, Boilers lifespan is about 15-30 years. If your unit is nearing or surpassing this age, it might be time for a replacement.
- Increasing Energy Bills: A significant and unexplained rise in your heating bills could indicate that your unit is no longer operating efficiently and consuming more fuel than necessary.
- Frequent Repairs: If you find yourself calling a technician for repairs more often, it might be more cost-effective to replace your unit rather than continuing to invest in repairs.....
- Uneven Heating: If some areas of your home are warmer or cooler than others, your unit might be struggling to distribute heat evenly.
- Strange Noises: Unusual noises such as banging, popping, rattling, or squealing can indicate mechanical problems within your unit.
- Yellow or Flickering Flame: A furnace with a yellow flame instead of a steady blue flame could be producing carbon monoxide, which is dangerous. You should immediately turn off the unit and have it inspected.
- Excessive Dust or Soot: If you notice an increase in dust or soot around your home, it might mean your unit is not functioning properly.
- Poor Indoor Air Quality (Furnace Only): An old or malfunctioning furnace can contribute to poor indoor air quality, leading to allergies, respiratory issues, or other health problems.
- Visible Rust or Corrosion: Rust or corrosion in your units' components, pipes, or connections can suggest that the unit is deteriorating and may need replacement.
- Pilot Light Problems: If your unit has a pilot light, persistent issues with it staying lit could indicate that a repair is needed.
- Cracks or Wear: Visible cracks or signs of wear on your units' components, such as the heat exchanger, can be serious safety concerns and may be a cause for replacement.
- Safety Concerns: If you have concerns about the safety of your unit, such as carbon monoxide leaks or other potential hazards, it's essential to address them promptly and consider replacing it if necessary.
What is Carbon Monoxide?
Natural gas is a fossil fuel made up mostly of methane, a type of gas. It forms deep beneath the Earth's surface over millions of years from the remains of plants and animals. We use it for things like heating homes, cooking food, and making electricity...
Furnace and Boiler Annual Maintenance
Our team is trained to provide in-depth performance and safety checks of your heating appliances. We have extensive experience with all the common brands such as IBC, Ruud, Goodman, Lennox, and more. Our annual service includes a light cleaning, filter change (if applicable), and a complete diagnostic inspection that lets us know the condition of your unit and if there are any warning signs that require your attention.
How to pick a service provider?
We strongly encourage you to choose a provider that takes the time to fully assess your unit with professional diagnostic tools. A quick and cheap service most likely only provides a very basic visual that does not give you a proper report on the condition of your unit. Be sure to select a provider that is licensed by Technical Safety BC because they will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the Safety Standards Act.
How often should your furnace or boiler be serviced?
Maintaining your heating appliances each year is essential to the performance and longevity of your unit. It is possible for your system to go years without service and still run, but we can assure you that it is not running efficiently and more vulnerable to emergency repairs. If you have a recently installed unit, be proactive about your maintenance to protect your investment for the full lifetime expectancy. If you have an older unit, it is still wise to care for it with annual service while you make arrangements for a replacement.
We have made it easy and affordable to keep up with annual service for all your heating appliances. Check out our Seasonal Promotions to find out when our next sale runs.
Warning about Gas Leaks and Carbon Monoxide
If you have not had your appliance professionally inspected, you could have a gas leak and not even know it. We have seen this many times before and it is extremely dangerous. If you have any gas appliances in your home, we urge you to have them inspected annually to check for leaks and reduce your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
To learn more about carbon monoxide, check out our article Natural Gas Safety.
Curious about Rebates?
Fortis BC Offers various rebate options for natural gas furnace, boiler, and combination boiler replacements. To learn more about their offers, click Fortis BC Rebates.